pouring out stories abt me, my experiences, recipes of what i like to cook, my opinions about what i see around... etc. etc.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

started blogging again


thot wd maintain a register of thoughts, however random they may seem... i sat down to write abt it as I suddenly remembered a radio ad about Bril Ink during my childhood days and my mind set sails towards the high school days...


I used pencils until my 4th Std. and when I moved to an another school starting my 5th std., I started using pens... and it was suggested to use the fountain pen for nurturing a good handwriting... the Hero pen was a real popular choice with the student those days... pens leaking, pens running out of inks, borrowing drops of inks from ur buddy sitting besides you... the fountain pen nibs breaking and you trying to straighten it up on the edges of the benches so that it could write somehow and you end up tearing the papers on your notebook instead of writing with your pen...


though ballpoints were not so popular that time, until the "Reynolds 045" stormed the Indian market...the ballpoint pen refils were 50 paise that time... carried a yellowish-golden nib... and you have to warm up the refill by rubbing against your palms to have the ink flowing, scribble the pen on the backside of your "rough notebook" (scrapbook as it is being called these days)... and sometimes bite the nib off the refill tubing and blow through the other side of the refill to have the ink "in contact" with the nib.... and you ended up making an indellible ink stain on your school uniform...


Suriyagandhi Kuripedu was a popular brand of notebook those days... and high school kids stuck to the Konaar tamil urai....


jus random thoughts.... jus random thoughts....

No comments: